Planning for European Week of Regions and Cities event where we will be holding a participatory lab for young people is well under way. This year the event will be held virtually with over 300 sessions from organisations around the EU.
Young people we need you. We would like you to join us to discuss and explore the best practice aprroaches to encourage young people to engage in policy co-creation.
Please sign up by following this link to the Europa.eu website and selecting ‘Young people’s voice at the centre of policy-making’ – 12PL21497
Date and time: Tuesday 12th October 2021 at 11.30am to 1.00pm
Schedule for the event:
- Key facts and drivers of inequalities among young people: introduction & setting the scene
- Examples of policy co-creation processes with youth: sharing & learning
- Participants will be divided into 4 smaller groups in which they will discuss 4 interesting cases of collaborative policy-making together with young people. Each group will be facilitated by a practitioner deeply involved in the policy co-creation process with the support of young people and city representatives. The group work will be kicked-off by the short storytelling session to zoom in on each individual case. This will be followed by conversation with participants.
- Drawing on participants knowledge and experience: final inspirations & next steps
The rooms will discuss the following topics::
- Room 1: Co-creation of housing policy in Amsterdam
- Room 2: Co-creation of an educational programme in Sfantu Gheorghe
- Room 3: Co-creation of a Youth Strategy in Budapest
- Room 4: Empowering young climate activists
If you have any questions please do send us an email or DM us on our social media sites - @uplift_youth.