UPLIFT will be featured in the session “Nothing about us without us: How to engage young people in co-creating sustainable policies?”, taking place at the ICLEI World Congress in Malmö on 13 May at 13:45-14:45 CET.
The project will be represented by Fruzsina Vargha, Lady Vice-Mayor of Sfantu Gheorghe, Romania. The municipality is UPLIFT’s implementation site and closely collaborates with UPLIFT local partners Gal Sepsi and Suppedito on delivering a reflexive policy co-creation process in the area of education that actively involves local youth. Mayor Vargha will share lessons learned from the process.
Other speakers contributing to the session include:
- Vlora Markolli, Together in Association, Sweden
- Nisreen Elsaim, Chair, Sudan Youth Organisation on Climate Change, Sudan
- Chilando Chitangala, Mayor, City of Lusaka, Zambia
- Louise Meincke, Urban Hub Manager, Cities4Children Alliance, Denmark
Click here to learn more about the session.
ICLEI World Congress is a triennial gathering that aims at showcasing how cities, towns and regions across the ICLEI network are advancing sustainable urban development worldwide. The ICLEI World Congress connects local and regional governments with their peers and strategic partners, and provides a platform for discussions that will inform and enhance their work. This year’s edition offers three days of rich and engaging sessions, each of them divided into the following overarching categories:
- Strategies towards a climate neutral future
- Strategies towards resilient and healthy communities in harmony with nature
- Strategies towards equitable and inclusive communities